Sports Performance Seminar
In its continued effort to help educate young student-athletes, the WISA Adidas College Showcase will this year be offering campers the opportunity to look at the multiple dimensions that are critical to the overal performance of a collegiate athlete through the 'WISA Sports Performance Seminar'.
The WISA Sports Performance Seminar will cover:
- Hydration - the importance of hydration and the overall negative impacts dehydration can cause on performance
- Pre-competition hydration
- Fluid replacement
- Post-competition hydration
- Food for Fuel - the important components of an athletes diet to ensure optimal performance levels
- The Demands of the College Game
- Recovery Strategies - regeneration
- Strength and Conditioning for the Soccer Player
- How to Prepare yourself for Freshman Season
The WISA Sports Performance Seminar will be hosted by Duncan Foster the Assistant Director of Coaching at Knoxville Football Club. Prior to coming to the USA, Duncan studied at Brunel University for BSc in Sport Science and worked in the English Premier League with Reading FC 2012-2013.